Sunday, April 6, 2008

Time Magazine Article: The Top Ten Ideas that are Changing the World

Yesterday I heard about a recent Time Magazine article entitled "The Top Ten Ideas that are Changing the World." Number 10 on the List was "The Re-Judaizing of Jesus."

I find it very interesting that even the secular world is taking note of a spiritual phenonmenon. Actually for once, I agree with one of their lists! I do believe that this is an idea that is changing the world; not that this in itself is a "new" idea, but that we are beginning to dust off our Bibles and see who Yeshua (Jesus' Hebrew name) was in the time period he was on earth and who he still is today! He did not live in America, eat at McDonald's, wear Levi jeans or even sing "Amazing Grace." The reality is that he lived in Israel, ate kosher food, wore a prayer shawl and tzitziyot and more likely prayed the Amidah.
Check out the Time article and let me know what you think!

No comments: