Friday, November 14, 2008

For Many Shall Come in My Name...

Matthew 24:5 - Do NOT be deceived!


It seems like everyone is talking about it. "The Messiah's coming, the Messiah's coming!" Actually, there's an elderly lady at my synagogue that asks me every Shabbat, "Is the Messiah coming soon?" "I hope so," is my reply every time. And now, I really do mean it. When I was younger, I used to think (which I'm kind of ashamed to admit now), "I hope Moshiach doesn't come until after I get married, or have kids, etc." But now, I really do mean it. If he came today, that would be A-OK with me!

Today I read an interesting article by Rabbi Lazer Brody here that really encouraged me. I like the fact that there is much rabbinic disdain for trying to speculate about specific details of the Messiah's arrival. I like that he encourages "simple and innocent faith" that Messiah IS coming. Read his article and let me know what you think!


Picture available at AllPosters.com

No comments: