Friday, June 6, 2008

Shavu'ot (Pentecost) starts Sunday night!

So we've been counting the days from Passover to God's feast of Shavu'ot (also called Pentecost). Like all of the Biblical holy days, this feast can be found in Leviticus 23, as well as Acts 2. I am super, super busy this week, but I wanted to a least give my readers some links to learn about this awesomely spiritual, as well as fun festival.

Here are some links to learn more about how to celebrate:
Prepare Yourself for Shavuot
Shavu'ot by First Fruits of Zion
Feast of Weeks by Biblical Holidays.com
The Fulfillment of the Covenant by Hebrew4Christians.com


Also, here's a little giveaway: If you leave a comment by midnight (EST) Tuesday, June 10th on this post with your name and either your blog link or an e-mail address PLUS one fact that you learned about Shavu'ot that you did not previously know, I'll randomly select a winner to send a free copy of one of my favorite First Fruits of Zion books! Comment away!

Image available from Flickr.

3 comments:

Denise Sawyer said...

I loved the table on the biblical holidays site - how they compared Shavu'ot (the first) and after Christ.
I would LOVE to win the resource - of course!

Thanks for all your great posts!
Who knows how many lives you are reaching!

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the articles you selected - one article spoke of how the nations were offered the Torah and only the Jews accepted it with out question the gift from HaShem. (awesome)
I have really enjoyed your site and links. I would really be blessed to receive the book from from First Fruits! Thank you
Shalom, Monica
mcgillfamily@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I've become part of a new church and they celebrate the feasts and it is fun to see your blog, frugality and Christ (from our Hebraic (spelling?) roots! I am excited to see how all the feasts point to Christ! I enjoyed learning how it is called Weeks because it is 7 weeks from Passover! Duh! Also interesting to find out how the Jews went from celebrating the Harvest to celebrating the giving of Torah.
Lynette Clark
acorntooak@juno.com