Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Watchmen Wednesday: Practical Ways to Stand with Israel

Today on my lunch break I listened to Jay Sekulow, from the American Center for Law and Justice. He gave three practical ways to stand with Israel, and I wanted to share:

1) Sign the ACLJ petition to show the Israelis that there are Americans who love and care about God's Holy Land.
2) Vote for an Israel-supporting candidate when you vote. I don't want to mention any names as I don't like to get "too" political on here, but one candidate was asked about his stance on Israel recently. He said something to the effect that Israel is a "constant wound, a constant sore" that "infects" American foreign policy. Also, Hamas, a Palestinian terrorist group, came out and said this week, "We hope [he] wins the election." Do you really want someone that is endorsed by Hamas to be your President???
3) Stand with Israel...IN Israel! The ACLJ is leaving in about a month to go on an amazing journey to Israel, and you can go with them. Not only will they visit the holy religious sites, but they will take the group participants to the Knesset (Israeli Congress) to meet with Israeli politicians and show our support. If you are interested, you have to sign up this week!

I have to say I always enjoy Mr. Sekulow's program, but these last few days have been even more of a blessing. I have been in tears both yesterday and today as I hear his passion and concern for "the apple of God's eye." Thank you ACLJ for all of the good work that you do!

Graphic from Allposters.com.

2 comments:

Denise Sawyer said...

I love the Hebrew word dictionary you have on the side! Is this new?

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Jen said...

Yes it is! I just added that yesterday, realizing that although it's been 15 years for me learning Hebrew, some people might be new to it! Please let me know if there's any other words you think I should add. I'm trying to add the ones that I think I use frequently on here! By the way, love your new background Denise. It IS easier to read, but still sets your blog apart from the others in my mind.